8/27/2014

BFF

Big sweaters are probably one of my favourite fall/winter items. When you get one made from the right material, it's destined to become your breezy day BFF. Because it's (luckily) not freezing yet, I decided to pair mine with studded sandals and animal print pants to create contrast and make it more playful.





A red lip and statement jewellery bring a lux feeling to any outfit and are my go to option for a quick change from day to night. 





A few years back I came to a point where I finally decided to let some (carefully selected) people into my life. Before that, I had mostly fought my battles on my own and didn't honestly hold too many victories. It was in the first moments of opening up and being completely vulnerable with someone who I honoured and appreciated, that I found out the real power behind it. Up till that point I had often felt like I barely had my head above water and it never occured to me that it was a helping hand that I needed more than anything. These relationships have now grown to be my lifeline and one of the biggest strengths I possess. Yes, it's absolutely terrifying to let people so close, because it gives them the advantage of causing pain if they chose to do so, but the rewards completely overrule the risks and I've decided not to listen to fears anyways. The truth is I wouldn't be the same person, if it wasn't for them. 

For some reason I had believed a lie that to really be successful, you have to make it all on your own. Other people where simply competitors and we were all after the same price. The truth is that together we're able to succeed far beyond one persons effort could ever reach. What marvellous inventions and creativity we would have around us, if instead of working on their own achievements, everyone would pull on the same rope and work towards corporate goals together! I know this is starting to sound very much like a make-the-world-a-better-place lecture, but I'm hoping you see my point through all the princess dreaming and pink flower fields. I can genuinely say that since I invited people to do life with me, my personal growth has accelerated exponentially. I've already reached goals, that seemed way too far to be conquered in my own strength and I know that this is only the beginning. It takes courage and humility to step down from the "I can handle it all by myself"-throne and find people to partner with. Not only will your heart thank you, but we might actually reach beyond the stars.



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Sweater: Zara
Pants: Zara
Shoes: Nordstrom
Bag. Michael Kors

2 comments:

  1. Kiitos Suvi ajatuksistasi! löysin tämän blogin aivan sattumalta ja ihastuin luontevaan tapaasi näyttää tyylikkäältä ja kuulostaa varsin viisaalta nuorelta naiselta. Tämä teksti herätti taas ajatuksia. Ihmisten, varsinkin läheisten varaan heittäytyminen ja itsensä heikoksi tekeminen on ihmeellisen vaikeaa! Tuntuu pelottavalta antaa heille aseeksi omat heikkouteni, vaikkeivat he tietenkään niitä aseinaaan käytä, aarteinaan korkeintaan:) Kohti rohkeampaa syksyä siis!
    -Mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos Mira kommentistasi, oon ilonen että sattuma toi sut lukemaan blogiani :) Heikkoudet ovat olleet "pois muodista" muutenkin viime aikoina, mutta uskon, että niissä ja niiden kohtaamisessa piilee usein ne suurimmat vahvuudet. Pelkoja kohti meneminen on kyllä parasta mitä itselleen voi tehdä ja oon tosi otettu, jos mun kirjotus on rohkassu sua tekemään niin! Todella, kohti rohkeampaa syksyä :)

      Delete