9/01/2014

Music Mondays

One reason why I began to do these music mondays was obviously my personal passion for it, but also because I feel like music is so much more than just some intelligently organised sounds. It has a power, that can open up the deep layers of existence, peeling down all walls and touch the very core of our being. No matter what your culture, gender, age, job or musical ear is, music speaks to everyone, anywhere. Too often it has been reduced to money or fame, staining it's pure and vivid force. Also when trained musically, it's easy to only hear the technicalities in a performance and miss completely the heart behind it. I think music is meant to be a reflection of the very soul of it's performer and that's where it's power originates. It's not meant to be perfect and sterilised like an operating room, but raw, relatable and wonderfully flawed. And that's why I believe music belongs to everyone, not just musicians and professionals. Every human being carries their own sound, even if everyones 
 isn't meant to be recorded. Don't underestimate the power of your voice and the sound written inside of you.

I was first introduced to Fatai through a friend of mine who posted one of her covers online and was immediately sold. She has the rare equation of real talent and a pure love for music. With many of her covers, it's like your able to look straight into her soul. I'm eagerly waiting for her own production and hoping for it to come out soon. I hope her sound inspires you like it inspired me.



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment