8/14/2014

Falling Into Seasons


Boots and cut off denim are a match made in heaven. It's a fun way of marrying my summer and fall wardrobes. Best of both worlds.





If you haven't heard of the Giving Keys yet, you should use your google skills right now. They are a wonderful brand, creating good by following their passions.




We had an extraordinarily hot summer and it was exactly what I was wishing for, I love the heat. Schools started this week and it's funny how right on time the weather turned into early autumn rains and thunderstorms. Because our summers are so short, there's this pressure of trying to do everything I can't do in the cold winter months (that last far too long) which makes me feel bad about sitting inside when the rarely seen sun is finally showing off her best. But with the cooler days of fall comes a new intentionality to start working, gaining new perspective and focus for what's next, leaving the lazy beach bum days behind, (sniff). Autumn gives me this feeling of new beginnings, even though it's the season known for natures preparation to survive the winter by shedding all excess and falling into a deep sleep. But I think it's exactly that…for new life to sprout, the old has to be discarded and give space for what's growing instead.

Prioritising is a vital habit of every effective person. Even though I sometimes find myself wishing for extra hours, the truth is that we all have enough time to do everything that we're supposed to get done. If I don't know what I'm supposed to be focusing on in this season, I will waste my time on something irrelevant and that's a fact (been there done that). The things is, that the irrelevant can seem like something very effective and productive, but because it takes my focus and time from the things I should be really putting my efforts into, it's not going to be life giving but rather something that I would have to pull along. Saying no to good things can be very hard, but it's the only way to be able to say yes to the great. I can't do all things at the same time, that's something that needs to be made peace with (especially if you're an achiever like me). Learning to value the season I'm in and being ok with focusing only on the most important, releases extra stress and pressure that doesn't need to be there, freeing energy to pursue a peaceful and truly productive lifestyle.

We all have enough time to do everything that we're supposed to get done, in this season. What season are you in?



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Denim shorts: Vintage Hilfiger
Shirt: Zara
Boots: Acne
Necklace: Giving Keys
Bag: Calvin Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment