8/11/2014

Music Monday

I had the privilege of attending the Flow Festival, one of the best event's in Finland and rated one of the best small festivals in Europe by the Guardian. It has become my favourite and must go for every summer. Instead of slushy mud fields and soggy fries, it's located at one of the most charming and captivating power plant areas called Suvilahti (translated Suvi bay or summer bay), infused with industrial design and ridiculously good food served by some of the best local restaurants and catering companies. The line up was inspiring and I think my Music Monday's will be heavily influenced by all the great music I got to experience.

So here's the first artist I want to highlight, Jessie Ware from the damp streets of Clapham, London. I had heard a few of her song previously and she actually replaced Charlie XCX who sadly cancelled. What struck me about her, was the deep confidence and peaceful atmosphere she brought the moment she walked on stage. I felt like I could have watched her for hours, soaking her beautiful presence. It came as a great reminder of what true beauty is…because at that moment she looked like the most beautiful woman in the world.

I've experienced that same feeling many times before and it seems to always happen when I see someone doing what they were created to do and feeling completely comfortable in their skin while doing it. As you can see in the video, Jessie is absolutely stunning on the outside, but what's on the inside is what elevates that to a whole other level. It's the inside that makes you experience the beauty not only with your eyes, but with your heart. We spend innumerable hours figuring out what we want to wear, how our hair is did and how we will be perceived, on the outside. Don't get me wrong, all those things are perfectly fine. You can ask my husband, I absolutely love taking care of my outer appearance. But what turns the copper into gold is what comes out of the heart. It's something that can't be bought or handed out. Something that needs to be fought for, the daily choices that lead to who I am and who I want to become. It's never the easy road, but it's the only one to fulfilling my destiny.

The strength of the chorus reminds me of the best power ballads of the 80's, the ones that make you experience a rainbow of feelings in only a few minutes. Jessie Ware's voice is like smooth satin and strong as iron, all at the same time. The black and white video accentuates the contrasts and makes it one pleasurable experience. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and are inspired to follow your own road of success, to becoming who you are created to be.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment