8/25/2014

Music Mondays

I got to see Janelle MonaƩ live for the second time this summer and I have to say that woman knows how to break it doooowwwn. She must have some extra lungs to be able to bust all those moves and notes at the same time! The moment she walked on stage the whole place was electrified and people either stood there paralysed with astonishment or weren't able to stop moving, left completely exhausted and sweaty after. I would call that a very successful show indeed!

Watching anyone who's exceptionally good at what they do, can make a regular fella wonder how on earth are they able to pull it off. I'll never forget watching Justin Timberlake's interview as the interviewer marvelling over how natural and effortless his performance was and Justin replying "Well you didn't see all the countless hours I put into making it look so effortless."
We rarely get a glimpse at what happens behind the curtains and most of the time we're presented with the perfected end results. Of course there's natural talent involved, but all of the greats we look up to used to be "regular fellas" who just didn't quit on their dreams and never stopped working on those talents they had been given.

What I've experienced is that the things I want most, the deepest desires of my heart are usually met with the greatest resistance. At times it has felt like trying to break through a brick wall. It's probably  the most scariest, painful and challenging path I could have chosen, but at the same time the most rewarding, fulfilling and joy filled. I've probably repeated these words over and over again in different ways in my posts, but I just can't emphasise it enough… Because I wasted enough time on not daring to pursue my dreams, not daring to be who I am created to be, I want to do my best to keep everyone else from repeating that same mistake.

Everything is possible to those who believe.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment