9/15/2014

Music Mondays

Alicia Keys came out with new material and I have to say this girl is on fire! Her song is titles "We are here" and with it she has started a whole social media uproar challenging people to ask themselves why we are here. I think the question couldn't be any better. It's the truth that keeps us moving and yet we are rarely even aware of it. I still remember the moment I felt a strong sense of my existence. It was a regular grey day, I was sitting on the metro and going through a pretty rough day. It all felt meaningless in that moment and all I wanted to do was give up, when suddenly I had a revelation. The battles I'm fighting in my personal life are not only for my own gain. The victories I attain are going to impact my children, children's children and every person I come in touch with. The weaknesses I conquer will turn into strengths and because I've gone through the process of dealing with them, I am able to release those keys to someone who's going through the same struggles. It's the big picture. My life is not only for myself and the real beauty is in sharing it.

I haven't always been able to think that way simply because I had a mindset that there isn't enough for everyone and I have to make sure my own needs are taken care of. But when I began to grasp my true identity, that I'm not in a competition for resources or places of power and that no one else can bring to this earth what has been placed inside of me, I understood the wealth in giving. It is the essence of our existence. To understand what we've been given and release it all around us.

I am here to abolish slavery, release a new sound and re-define the meaning of beauty.
Why are you here?



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment