9/08/2014

Music Mondays

This past week has been a rougher one so I wanted to share today one of those songs I listen to over and over again when things around are spinning and I need to come back to that inner peace.

All of my life I've been taught to not listen to my feelings, that rational thinking is of much greater value than any emotionally based solutions. I do agree that we shouldn't be managed by our feelings, since they can lead us to unhealthy decisions, but there is also the other side of the coin.
I've always been very sensitive and an intense feeler. So because of the message I heard from my surroundings, I tried to suppress those feelings and learn how to be "stronger" and more "stable". In reality I was suppressing a part of me that has now become one of my greatest strengths. See, it wasn't my rational thinking that made me move to another continent, leave everything safe and comfortable behind and start a journey that has defined the rest of my life. It wasn't my logic that brought me to the conclusion of marrying at a young age and commit my life to this man I've been together with now for eight years. Actually every single life changing choice I've made hasn't had anything to do with using my common sense. There's always been a feeling, a small voice inviting me to take risks and fight against my fears.

It has taken time to learn when my feelings are guiding me to truth and when they are simply a production of whatever is going on around or inside me. But I believe a healthy heart makes healthy decisions and that's precisely why the condition of my heart will always be a priority. This song has been exactly what my heart has needed this week and I hope it will speak to yours too.



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment