9/24/2014

In It's Right Time





This week I read this quote by someone (apparently) unknown: 
"Direction is so much more important than speed. Many are going nowhere fast." 

I've seen this quote before, but this time I had to actually stop and really think about it. I've been pursuing my dreams for a while now and one thing I've learned is that it looks a lot different from what I imagined it to be. I've come to understand that as important (or maybe even more) as actually reaching that dream is the journey. Achieving those dreams will only stand as milestones on my lifespan and the whole in-betweens are going to be filled with the process of getting there. Those process is what shapes me, teaches me and makes me who I am. Until I understood that principle, I was only living in the future and completely missing out on the present. Getting to my dreams ASAP could not stay as a core value. It was only depriving me from the riches only lived life could offer, no matter how much society tried to make it seem like the best way to follow.

I've also had to re-evaluate my directions multiple times along the way. The peace of knowing that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be at the moment, creates an atmosphere where everything else can flow freely from. It doesn't matter what my life looks like on the outside and caring about other peoples opinions is just a waste of time, because they are not the ones' walking in my shoes. I've often had to make choices that have seemed irrational to people around me, but my peace has told me otherwise and through trial and error I've learned to trust it's voice.

Of course it's great to achieve dreams and goals quickly, but we shouldn't make that the priority. Working hard, being dedicated and focused, understanding your own journey and following your peace will take us there, in it's right time.



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Shirt: Madewell
Jeans: Topshop
Booties: Acne
Beanie: Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment