4/29/2015

Music Mondays (..or Wednesdays)

I know, this weeks Music Monday is horribly late and I don't really have any other excuse than that I've taken extra time to rest and replenish my heart and soul. So todays pick reflects my thoughts and emotions from the past days… I truly believe that whatever adversities we face, we are always equipped with everything we need to face them and to turn them into victories and upgrades. Often times the magnitude of the problem or hardship represents the size of the reward on the other side of it. When we're facing an enormous obstacle in front of us, it's crucial to find a different perspective than just staring at it day and night. We need to consider how far we've come this far, the barriers we've conquered and victories we've gained in the past to build up the confidence that this too shall pass. We also need to set our eyes on the goal and the journey to get there, so no matter how big the issue before us is, we see that it's only a small part of our overall journey and even if it slows us down for a moment, it won't be able to stop us. 

The Winans' album Heart & Soul has been playing on my stereo for days. I love how they've blended Gospel with RnB, creating such a smooth and lyrical flow. Playing this record in the mornings has been my re-set button for any gloomy and rainy days, giving that extra boost to remind myself that despite of any hardship there is so much to be thankful for. So much indeed, that after counting my blessings the gloominess has vanished into thin air…



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment