4/04/2015

Easter Thoughts




I grew up in a country that had a lot of holidays, the land of culture and the backdrop of Sound of Music, and as a child I learned to love all the special festivities. Easter has always been a special one for me, and not only because it's usually very close to my birthday. Spring in general is one of my favourite seasons, because of the energy and atmosphere in the air. Everything that seemed to be dead begins to bloom and all the shades of grey are replaced with bursts of colour. The air has a different scent and life takes over, once again. That's what Easter represents to me; life overcoming death, light conquering the darkness.

This spring has been extra special though. I'm turning 25 and I feel more like a woman than ever. A lot has happened during the past few years and I remember so vividly the insecure and scared girl I was just five years ago. We often think that everything needs to happen at a fast pace and I have had my moments of incredible frustration, because in the process we are often blinded to the growth taking place. But if my freedom had been given to me in a moment, I wouldn't have the tools I gained through walking it out and I wouldn't know its worth. This process inspired me to write this blog, write songs and dig deeper instead of just being satisfied with the superficial. Hardly any great things come without some form of sacrifice. All the best choices I've made in my life have required saying no to others, which hasn't always been easy. But the thing with the best choices and greatest things are, that when you have walked through that fire and climbed over those walls, the price that awaits you far outshines the obstacles you had to overcome. If I would have to pick one sentence to describe the past years, it would be "going towards the pain". It has been uncomfortable and challenging but it's the only way to freedom and freedom is always worth the fight. Despite all the hardship, and maybe even because of some of them, I feel more alive and hopeful than ever. I see now how many of the problems I've come across have, at the least, turned out good and many times bringing an increase of blessing, as long as I was willing to hold on to truth and not slide down to the thoughts of fear and despair. And because of that history, I can look at tomorrow with great expectation. I know that my life is in the hands of the one who conquered death.



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin

Shirt: somewhere in California
Jeans: Zara
Coat: Erre
Boots: Aldo

4 comments:

  1. Hey suvi!! I have read ur blog from the beginning but yet not ever comment anuthing. When i put that bethel song pn and i started to read this post i started to cry, this touched me inside, because my boyfriend husbend to be is in prison and he got 2,6 years sentence. He got prison january 14 and aver since tha battle being ON. Ur blog give me courage to keep fighting for LOVE! So happy happy birthday to beatiful and gorgeous 25 years old. Our God is an awesome GOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elena! First of all, thank you so much for your comment, I deeply appreciate your feedback and am moved by your words. That song gives me a lot of power as well and I'm glad it spoke to you in that same way as well. Thank you for your honesty and vulnerability. I hope that everything goes well with you and your husband!

      Delete