3/23/2015

Music Mondays

You ever have those evenings when you already feel ready for bed at 10pm and somehow end up making banana pancakes with melted dark chocolate and watching Netflix until 3.30am? Well that was my last night. When my confused body, used to it's routine, woke me up at 9am, I felt more like a fish on dry water than anything else. I got up to make some breakfast, went back to bed, got up again to eat it just to end up taking another nap on the couch. When I finally managed to get myself up from my careless slumber, my husband saw my murky face and came to my rescue. He represented me with a shot of black coffee with a snickering smile, because for some obscure reason he finds pleasure in trying to get me addicted to coffee. Against all my Finnish roots, I've never been a coffee drinker. I enjoy a nice mochachino or latte every now and then, but I honestly can't have more since I'm really sensitive to caffein. The amount of coffee in my mug was literally a small shot and as a brave girl, who won't settle for feeling drained all day, I took it and felt it's power! Caffeine literally takes me from zero to a hundred in no time (just like that pill in the movie Limitless). And that's how today turned from a sleepy afternoon to a maniac dance party with me, myself and I and my man laughing at me like I finally lost all my marbles. After calming down from my release of incredible dance moves, I was ready to face the day and actually got things done extra efficiently.

Ray can turn any Monday blues into the brightest sunshine, with or without the help of caffeine. So turn the speakers up, strike a pose and baby shake that thing!



xxx



4 comments:

  1. You must be like the historical first Finn ever who doesn't drink coffee like plain water. Oh and Ray Charles... He does it over and over again. By the way, I was wondering if you've shared any playlists on spotify? Anyways, gotta love your blog. Keep it going, wonder woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I definitely am a minority here! For now I've only collected playlists for my own amusement, but maybe someday I'll share them... Thank you for your comment and encouraging words, they brightened up this grey and cold day! :)

      Delete