3/13/2015

Conqueror




Hard work does pay off. Or better said, doing the right thing pays off.
Honestly, I used to be very far from a hard worker. Actually I was pretty much a quitter. There, I said it. For many years I lived out the identity of a quitter, because I believed it to be my own. In that victim mentality I drew very close lines around me that marked the edges of my abilities, which in return kept me from never experiencing anything outside of them.

Now that I've been building up my life on my real identity, which is summed up: I'm the beloved, I'm fearfully and wonderfully made and I'm created to love as fearlessly as I am loved, my life has changed dramatically. In the midst of all the process, I've bumped my head quite a few times, but the goal has been to always get back on my feet and continue the journey, even if the distance walked is only visible with a microscope. Just like in sports, there are these season where nothing seems to advance and then suddenly you experience this leap of growth. It's like there are seeds planted inside of me and at times they grow their roots deep before shooting out any visible parts. Since I had my past with entertaining the thoughts of a quitter, after re-defining myself I still kept on fighting the old devil and ended up trying to revive something that was already dead. Quickly I noticed that instead of focusing on the negative and what I'm not trying to be, it's more fruitful and life-giving to place all my attention on the truth of my real identity and living those truths out, day by day. Some days I succeed like Usain Bolt on a 100 meter track and on others I fall far from that plan.
Like the great Lauryn Hill said it: "Life is peaks and valleys. Some people explain that as good and bad times…but I actually think it's learning, mastership, learning, mastership." At times there can be a great gap, or valley, before we hit the top of a mountain again, but it's the journey that makes the view on the peak so much sweeter. It's with every single step, that we become the conqueror of that mountain. And in the end, the journey becomes our actual story, the one that we'll tell our grand-children over and over again.



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin

Maxi Dress: Noisy May
Boots: H&M
Leather Jacket: Zara
Beanie: Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment