12/29/2014

Music Mondays

As you might have noticed, I took the liberty to take a short break for the holidays but don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you :) 
For me Christmas isn't only the time to focus on family, but it gives a moment to reflect and meditate on the past year and start preparing for the new one coming. I know this can be a season of grief and distress for those with difficult or painful circumstances... I love my family, more than anything, but it can be challenging at times being under one roof and having the pressure of, well, a Merry Christmas. I've noticed how easy it is for me to create a mask to hide behind. Even though we had a wonderful time with my family, I'm such an emotional and sensitive being that these kind of occasions stir things up in me and ironically it's sometimes the closest people before whom I get scared of being vulnerable with. I'm not able to shake the memories of what Christmas used to be like when I was a kid and when my family used to be whole. In all honesty, I don't even want to forget. Those memories are painful, but beautiful in all their rawness. Regret and living in the past are not something I tolerate but being honest to myself and processing through what my heart is bringing up has been a key to healing and building a solid foundation. Instead of being swallowed by melancholy, I understand that we have the chance to create our own holiday traditions now, as a new family, and make them just as unforgettable. Even if the adjustment takes some time. 

The Gladiator soundtrack is one of a kind. I feel like the movie wouldn't be as good without it. Even though I absolutely love movie soundtracks, I rarely listen to them on a regular basis except for a few exceptions, this being one of them. It seems to have so many layers that every time I listen to it, it moves me in a new way. Whether your holidays have been merry or gloomy, I want to remind you of this indescribable gift called life. A New Year is right around the corner and once again we have the opportunity to turn it into our very own master piece.

"Pain means you're growing.
Fear means you're risking.
Tears mean it mattered.
Take what hurts you and let it help you."
Mandy Hale







xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment