7/25/2014

Success In Process


My take on the relaxed, but dressed up combo. A nude slip and metallic clutch paired with a long cardigan and chunky heel is something I can wear anywhere from a regular coffee date to the ultimate summer night party. Multipurpose at it's finest.














"Life is a process."
"Embrace the process." 
"It's about the journey, not the destination."

Gosh I hated to hear those words.

I like to get. things. done. Give me a clear goal and I'll figure out the straightest, most effortless and efficient way to get there. I also like to make it happen now rather than later, waiting around and wondering about the weather will get me bored and make me loose my focus as quickly as I achieved it. Either we're on it or not, there's no in-between area. Learning something new would get me frustrated at times, because I prefer perfecting it the first time trying. 

Maybe it's because I was raised in the instant generation with microwaves, computers, internet, fast food, cell phones turned into smart phones… aka instant gratification. But somewhere down the road I bought into all the under 30 millionaires and the made it to the top at 18 thinking, this is how it's going down. You need to get to the top fast (and easy). And then my life didn't go at all according to my plans. No one discovered me at 16, I married young, I was rejected from the school I applied for and was thrown into the process of my life (which later I discovered will continue for the rest of my life). My frustration went through the roof as I tried and tried to figure out the most efficient ways to reach my dreams only finding myself running in circles and not getting anywhere. But someone had an even greater dream planned out for me. (Isaiah 55:8-13)

The past two years have been the most growing, intense and struggle filled years of my life. I've gone through heartache and difficult circumstances before, but this time there was no external tribulation. Instead it was a battle fought completely in my heart, me against myself and I. All my beliefs were being tested, insecurities pulled to the surface and weaknesses brought into the light and nothing I did seemed to succeed. I just felt like a hot mess and completely stuck in the in-between.
But there was a process happening, a pruning of my heart. Looking at myself two years ago and where I'm at now makes me see the change taking place. It's the little decisions and daily choices I made that have been moulding my character, fighting off fears and shaping me into becoming a powerful person. Small streams create big rivers and I was finally learning to respect the process.

I've got a long way to get where I want to be and lots of learning to do, but I'm ok with it now. I don't feel hurried or panicked, because I'm in the right place and time is not against me as long as I follow my heart and am not distracted by any external pressure. I don't want to skip steps or try to rush to see my dreams fulfilled because I know the now is forming me into the woman I need to be tomorrow.


xxx


Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Dress: Zara
Cardigan: Vero Moda
Shoes: Steve Madden
Clutch: Urban Outfitters




2 comments:

  1. So timely. I have been feeling like I need to have it all figured out by 24. This reminded me that I shouldn't and to enjoy the process of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes exactly! Time is so precious, not just the "omg I'm on the top of the world" moments, but every little second that we are alive.

      Delete