7/16/2014

Oh True Love

I love the moments when the outfit I pick reflects exactly how I feel on the inside. There's a power in expressing yourself freely. Wether it's through music, fashion or a spoken word, in that moment you get to release some of the gold hidden inside of you.


These striped pants are the perfect pair for a sporty racerback. Adding pops of neon creates such a juicy summer look. Don't be afraid to mix prints and colour, find your own balance and rock it!






Found these sneakers first at a skater shop in Santa Barbara last fall and since they didn't have my size I was happy to find them online. They've become my go to shoes, being so versatile. Not really much I couldn't wear them with!




This summer was the 6th I've spent married to the man of my life. I found love at a young age and it's interesting how despite all the talk ("Girl you crazy, you too young, you don't know who you even are yet, how could you know who you want, you're not able to make a decision like this etc…") it's been one of the best decisions of my life. I'm not trying to advertise getting married super young, for a lot of people that doesn't work out well at all. I actually wasn't at all the girl to dream about married life. Instead I had a great plan of graduating, working, establishing my own life, enjoying myself and then maybe someday meet a man to share it all with…and then ironically, life happened. 
Marriage has had it's stocks go down for a long time now. We all know the statistics of divorce rates and broken families. I don't know why marriage as an institution is being attacked, like there's something wrong with two people publicly committing their lives to each other. But I understand that disappointments invite fears and it seems smarter to rather save the wedding money for something more important at the moment. 

I come myself from the seemingly more common famille divorcé. So what made me not loose hope in true love?

I like to call marriage the greatest challenge. It's also one of the best places to grow (having kids is a whole other level). If you want a happy relationship, there's not much space for selfishness, fears, controlling, manipulating, envy...and the list goes on. So who the heck can do that?? The secret is in accepting the process. You can't expect perfection from the other unless you can deliver it yourself. As long as you have a partner with a good heart (hear the emphasis) and motivation to work on themselves you can concentrate on how you can become the best lover and friend, instead of wasting your energy on thinking of all the things your partner falls short of. That's called unconditional love. Even if he wasn't able to deliver what I need right now, I'll always give him my best. There are times when it doesn't come easy and God knows how many times I've failed, but that's why they say love is not a feeling but a choice and decision. A decision that has to be made every single day.

That might make it sound like too much work, and I won't lie, it IS a lot of work, but oh Lord the reward is far beyond comprehension. The intensely pure joy of sharing your life completely, growing together, becoming one… there's nothing that can come even close to the euphoria of a good, healthy, satisfying relationship. Every sacrifice made, every battle fought is forgotten the moment I get to run into the arms of my love and see in his eyes that he feels the same.

Love. It is the purest, most powerful force on this planet. In spite of what lies my circumstances try to fool me into, I have decided to always fight for love.


xxx


Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Racerback and Pants: Topshop
Sneakers: Nike Thea
Cross body: Rebecca Minkoff

9 comments: