9/10/2013

New Hair, New Beginnings

Hello, new hair!



I love mixing up different styles and textures in my outfits. Pairing a pearl necklace with a casual outfit creates the contrast that makes it pop.                      

A simple white tee becomes more interesting with a low back cut or by tucking it in on one side.

After thinking about it for a while and seeing so many edgy hair cuts out there, I decided to take a step and try something new. My hair has been long for many years and I felt like it was time for a change. Staying in the comfort zone is sometimes a good option (like when you find that hair colour/style that works for you, there's no shame in sticking with it until it all falls out!), but I notice myself too often holding on to old ways and afraid of changing things up a little. Wether it's starting a new hobby, moving to a different city or meeting new people, I've noticed that change is necessary for me to evolve. It always involves taking risks, stepping out into the unknown and listening to my heart. Usually it's the most important steps that I'm the most afraid of. It's like every cell in my body wants to go the opposite direction, but those have proven to be the most fruitful decisions in my life. They have made me the woman I am today. Someone once said; "There is nothing worth doing that doesn't have a million possible bad endings. Inaction however always ends in failure." Don't focus on all the things that could go wrong, even if you fail, you at least get a chance to learn something inaction could never teach you. Leave your fears with your old self and defy your circumstances with bold decisions. 

xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
T-shirt and necklace: Zara
Jacket: Topshop
Jeans: Mango
Shoes: Vans

2 comments: