9/19/2013

Got You Covered

A trench coat has been on my list forever, but waiting for the right one definitely paid off. It was the powder pink colour that caught my eye. I love finding basics with a twist.


Pairing two different patterns might feel like risky business. If you want to stay on the safe side, do it with clear patterns that either are completely different to create that contrast, or from the same colour scheme to make it more solid.


Getting these boots was a little miracle. Now they've become one of my favourites. 



 After a long indian summer the weather is slowly starting to change and turn colder. It's time to invest in cozy sweaters and quality coats to take us through Finland's stormy fall and freezing winter. Helsinki is beautiful in the fall and I actually enjoy the turbulent winds and dark nights, a good reason to stay home under warm covers and enjoy a cup of tea or hot chocolate. The other thing keeping me covered through it all are my friends. I don't think I even understood what friendship really meant until a few years ago and I wouldn't be exaggerating by saying that I might have the best friends a person could wish for. Before, it was about what I was able to get, what I benefitted from it. Obviously it wasn't a clear motive, more like a subconscious one. With any relationships, really, it's very common to focus on how the other person should change, be nicer, more helpful and considerate. It was easy to externalise issues that really were an inside job. Blame the surroundings for not making me happy, when in reality, I'm the only one who's responsible for my happiness. So instead of focusing on how my circumstances, friends and husband should change, I started to work on how I can be a better worker, friend, sister, daughter and wife. No matter how cliché it sounds, when you sow love, you will reap it. It's a law of nature. I learned that giving is actually far more exiting and fulfilling than just being on the receiving end. Keeping my love on through any weather is what real friendship is about. So...
Who could you love on today?

xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Coat: Topshop
Shirt: COS
Jeans: Zara
Belt: second hand
Shoes: Zara






2 comments:

  1. Just love those shoes, and they could not scream more your name! So glad you got them.. ;) And so true..the only person we can ever change or control, is ourselves. Love you the way you are! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitti rakas :) sä olit oikeessa niistä kengistä ;)

      Delete