5/18/2015

Music Mondays

I'm not sure if I've shared this with you before, but my name means literally Summer Winds (plural). Growing up, tangled in my identity crisis, I wanted to change my name and didn't feel like it was my own. Now that I'm over those shenanigans I know my mother couldn't have picked a better name (thanks mum <3). Everyone who knows me, knows my deep affection towards the warmth and brightness of our invigorating Sun. In other words, Finlands cold climate is not really my preference. In all honesty, I'm waiting for the day we pack our bags once again and move to a place that resonates with the song in my heart (and that's somewhere warm and beautiful). But until that day, I've gathered all kinds of tools and inspiration how to survive through the coldest and darkest months and how not to get depressed when it's almost end of May and the temperature hasn't hit even close to twenty celsius. 

This song is one of my cures. First of all it makes me think of L.A. beaches with their white sand and tall palm trees, thanks to Baywatch, but it's also just one heck of an uplifting song! I think the beginning and end of the song, with the dreamy synth sounds and demanding drums, are what made me really fall in love with it. The piano patterns are pretty dope as well... Whether or not you're a fan of classic rock, I'll suggest you still turn this song up, close you're eyes, and sing to it at the top of your voice.

"Some people stand in the darkness,
afraid to step into the light..."

Go on! You'll figure out why it's one of my top ten gloomy weather (or life) remedies ;)



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment