1/08/2015

Overcomer




When we took these picture it was around -10C accompanied with a blasting wind that made the sensation of the temperature even more unbearable. But with the cold air also usually comes the comfort of our beautiful sun and that's a reason to smile, at least for me! Knee high boots and a down jacket are what keep a girl alive during these arctic seasons, without having to compromise style.

I don't know if it's part of human nature, but it seems that we all seem to look for people who we can identify with. With a passion for singing and creating music, I've always been fascinated with other artists and looked up hours and hours of various interviews, performances and appearances of any and every person who has had the courage to follow that dream. It's a huge part of learning, that we imitate others until we understand things for ourselves and are able to give it our own twist. This goes with anything from learning to walk, write or sing. The human minds flaw is though, that we often get stuck in those paradigms. Some while ago I shared the story of the man who broke the one mile record for the first time in a hundred years (you can read it here) which resulted in that glass sealing breaking and thousands of other athletes following his lead. 
There have been moments where I've felt discouraged because I haven't been able to find someone else who has overcome similar circumstances and situations and made it to where I dream to be. For a while that really created that glass ceiling for me and made me unwilling to even reach for those dreams because I believed it was impossible. But finally I've understood the other side of the coin; I get to be the first one! It's not always fun and definitely not easy to push through the boundaries of our minds because it's been proven time and time again that that's what it's basically about, our minds limitations/openness. But my options are rather simple: Do I listen to that depressing voice whispering in my ear that no one has ever made it, what makes you think you can, or see this as my moment to be the overcomer and when I succeed, open that door for thousands of others to walk through as well? 
I guess the future will tell what decision I made.



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Dress: Zara
Jacket: Joutsen
Boots: Wonders

No comments:

Post a Comment