1/19/2015

Music Mondays

I know this video came out almost two weeks ago and has over 60 million views, so chances are that you have already seen it. This is also the second time I post Sia's music here but she just inspires me more than anyone right now. This song was one of my favourites on the album before it even was released as a single and I was thrilled to see what kind of video she had come up with this time. My expectations were exceeded.

There's just something so powerful about a person who does purely and honestly what their heart leads them to do and that's exactly what I sense through Sia's work. She isn't afraid to show all the roughness and doesn't try to smooth out any edges. She just…is. I watched an old interview of her where she said she won't do any more promo work for her future album even though she knows that that's the only way to get music out and visible to the world. She just felt like it's not for her and that she will live on the money made by writing music for other artists. What's interesting is, now that she did exactly that for this album; not planning any world tours and giving interviews with her back to the camera, she has risen to be one of the brightest stars at the moment. I love how it didn't happen by following the rules or anyones expectations but by following her heart. There are easier roads to "success", if success means making a lot of money and being admired by many. I personally think that if it comes by loosing myself and breaking my core values, it will never be worth it. And that's exactly why I want to celebrate Sia for choosing the narrow road and showing the rest of us that, yes, it can be done. 



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment