10/02/2014

Real > Perfect




In my recent post I felt like I wanted to be raw and honest with how I felt in the moment. I could have found wisdom in my situation and try to turn it into something beautiful, but instead I chose to tell what was really going on in my heart. When I first decided to start this blog, one of my core values was to be real and vulnerable with my journey.
Our fairly new social media makes it sometimes difficult to find the balance in what to share and what to keep to myself, trying to preserve even a tiny bit of privacy in our overexposed world. But my feed has been flooded with perfect pictures, perfect posts and perfect lives and I'm starving for real moments. Don't get me wrong, I have a high value for excellence and definitely spend time on selecting the right pictures for my blog, putting effort into the overall look of every post. I also understand the concept of building an image especially now that instagrams and facebooks have become basically business cards, wether we like it or not.
But why should pain be something to hide? Why should showing a weak moment be perceived as unprofessional or even boring? I don't think social media is the place to pour out our lives every little heart wrenching moment, but what if instead of trying to figure out what everyone else is thinking we would focus on who we really are?

In my opinion there's a unique beauty found in real-to-the-bone people. It's probably the fact that they couldn't care less about what others think and their fearlessness enables them to be bold to express themselves freely at all times, making them truly inspiring. And that's what I aspire to be. Real instead of perfect. I've still got a long way to go and I know I'm never going to let go of my pursuit of excellence, but I won't let it override my heart…and I hope you, my dear reader, will join me on this journey.



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Shirt and Shorts: Zara
Trench Coat: Topshop
Pouch: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Aldo

No comments:

Post a Comment