10/27/2014

Music Mondays

I just realised I've posted a lot of music by female artists lately, so who better to balance it out than Luther Vandross. His voice must have been made of pure silk and satin. This song takes me back to an ordinary day of cooking with my husband and Luther blasting his smooth tunes in the background.  In all its simplicity, it's one of my most romantic memories and we have a lot of them... Instead of always longing to find romance, happiness or satisfaction in things that are out of the regular, like grand trips or fancy restaurants, it's more rewarding to stop and find the joy in the everyday affairs. Of course it's fun and important to break out of routines and spice life up with new adventures, but it would be sad to become someone who only really lives on vacations, date nights or special occasions. My challenge lately has been instead of being grumpy about having to wash the dishes (it's really one of my least favourite things to do), I've turned the music up and made it a "Dancing with the dishes" moment instead. It sounds maybe too easy, but becoming more present and cultivating a thankful heart, really does make a difference in the daily life. Kind of like changing the picture from black and white to seeing the whole prism of colours. Why not give it a try?






xxx

1 comment: