10/09/2014

Just Believe


I was thrift shopping with my friend in Sacramento when I came across this beautiful leather skirt. It goes easily from spring to summer to fall and is the perfect twist for this seasons midi trend.



I love singing. It's what makes me feel like I'm doing what I was created to do. My greatest passion and ultimate dream is to record, perform and spread what I carry in my heart, through singing. And yet, not too long ago, I hardly ever put time and effort into practising my vocals. I would take vocal lessons and try to keep up the work at home, but fail at it time and time again. It felt very conflicting and I often asked myself how is it possible that I can't find the backbone in me to invest in my career and take care of my most valuable possession, my voice? 

As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I used to have a very low self-esteem. When I started to build up my confidence, brick by brick, I saw the effect it had on everything I was doing. I became bolder, more driven and focused. At some point I reached the point where I had laid a pretty good base in almost every area of my life, except for music. Even though I had found my true identity and began to really love myself, I still had a very hopeless attitude when it came to singing. I realised I had believed a lie that my singing had some limit, and no matter how much I practised, I would never reach my goals or get as good as some artists I looked up to. Obviously that lie was exactly what was eating up my motivation. What's the point in practising, if you know that you won't get much better? That, my dear readers, is one of the best examples of what a poverty mindset can do to a person. It made me believe I was powerless and a victim of my circumstances. When I began to consciously take down that lie, I found a whole new excitement and zeal to go for my dreams. Those thoughts still try to harass me, but I fight them with holding on to the truth and declaring that I can achieve anything I put my heart into (because that is the truth and our world has countless examples to back it up). I literally talk to myself and constantly remind me that nothing is impossible for those who believe. It might sound funny, but you actually start to believe what you speak out loud and become what you meditate on, and that goes also with the negative.

Every single one of us is loaded with a unique set of giftings and talents and it's up to us what we will achieve with it. You're passion might be becoming the best paediatrician or owning your own successful business, whatever it is, don't limit yourself because of your circumstances, resources or even your past. I used to linger in regrets like; if I had known all this when I was younger/if someone had encouraged me more, I would be light years ahead now… I actually had to forgive myself for not believing in myself and the people around me who didn't understand to help or encourage me, to be able to move on from these regrets. By holding on to that unforgiveness and regret, I was only wasting my time living in the past and keeping myself from ever being able to move forward.
But it's not how many times you fall that matters, but how many times you get back up. The only limit is your mind. 
Will you let it cage you or give you wings?



xxx



Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Shirt: Topshop
Leather Skirt: Vintage
Denim Jacket: BikBok
Mini Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Shoes: Converse

6 comments:

  1. This is so good and encouraging for where I am at right now. Thanks Suvi:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Thank you, your process brings and will continue to bring breakthrough to others! You're the real deal! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank you. Thank you for your inspiring words. I really enjoy reading your blog and it is encouraging me to be who I am and chasing my dreams! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes my heart so happy, that my blog can inspire you to do that! I hope you find your own path and reach all your dreams <3

      Delete