11/17/2014

Music Mondays

This past week I've mainly listened to some of the all time greats like Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday and Louis Armstrong. I can't remember what age I was when I first heard Louis' What a wonderful world, but I guess that was the moment I fell in love with strong male voices (as a fierce comic lover, Optimus Prime from Transformers and Thor have some of the best one's found in movies). Probably because of that first love, jazz has always had a soothing effect on me. There's nothing like coming home after a long day and playing some of these tunes…whether I'm sad, happy or lonely, there's always a song that has that emotion contained and released into melodies that ease any heartache and make the sun shine even brighter.

Even though Body and soul is a troubled hearts cry for the one true love, it's in no way depressing. I guess real love can never seem completely hopeless, for just love in itself is worth living for.



xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment