4/07/2014

Music Mondays

Last weekend was my birthday and even as a birthday monster (equivalent to bridezilla) with almost unrealistic expectations of how everything's supposed to play out, I was taken by how special the whole weekend ended up being. Surrounded by good music, delish food and beautiful people who I love, I had to take a moment and count my blessings. It's easy to be sucked into the negative currents of all the things going wrong at the moment. At times choosing to face life with a thankful heart requires a warriorlike attitude, but this weekend felt more like someone deliberately pointing out how I have been lavished with goodness and blessings. Staying rooted in thankfulness seems to shift focus to what really matters. It prepares the heart to actually receive the gift of life in all its glory.

No matter if the grass is sometimes greener on the other side, don't forget about the diamonds under your feet.

xxx







2 comments: