3/02/2014

Upgrade




This down jacket saved my social life during the coldest weather. Without it, I would have always opted for a hot cup of tea and a cozy night in instead of putting even one foot out the door.



Anyone who has lived in a cold country or state, knows that keeping your feet warm is key. That's why I got these bad girls! 







It's only a few weeks from when we took these pictures, but the weather and atmosphere has already changed a lot. It was about -20C (-4F) and the Gulf of Finland was frozen so that we were able to walk on its ice. Now, almost all snow has melted and spring is starting to rise her head. Just as the earth is revealing itself, new thoughts and ideas surface and what used to work just doesn't seem to feel right anymore. I think we've been created to constantly grow and evolve and that often times means letting go of what has felt comfortable or even safe in the past. The transition phase can be tough, since all you're feeling is out of place. Before I used to hate that feeling and try to "fix it" (usually just with a packed calendar so that I didn't have time to think about it) , but I've learned the value of it. It has been the force moving me forward, driving me out of my comfort zone and not letting me settle. I  don't know if I had moved to a different continent, quit my job to pursue my passions or started to change my lifestyle to be healthier without that subtle, but persistent sense of restlessness. So don't get frustrated, if the old ways of doing things aren't effective anymore. 
It might be time for an upgrade.



xxx




Photos by Adriana Dobrin
Down Jacket: Woolrich
Shoes: Wolverine

No comments:

Post a Comment